1. God has given me the gift of music and songwriting. Glorifying and worshipping Him through my talents and abilities is my gift back to my Saviour. My heart’s one main desire is to please God in everything I do. 2 Corinthians 5:9 "Therefore, whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to be pleasing to Him."; Collossians 1:10 "...walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work and growing in the knowledge of God."
2. Through my music, I also seek to encourage others and share with them the hope and joy of a life lived in relationship with Jesus. 1 Thess. 5:11 says, "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up as you are already doing." In a world of criticizing cynics and constant pessimism, there is a Light that we can all look up to. That "Light" is Jesus Christ. John 1:4-5 says, "In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. That light shines in the darkness, yet the darkness did not overcome it." We all have a choice to look up or down. It is my choice to look up, face the Son and let Him shine in everything I do. HE gives hope and He is an optimistic, victorious God! I want to share that with people: that even through darkest times, there is always hope found in Jesus. Psalm 62:5 "Rest in God alone, my soul, for my hope comes from Him"; Psalm 130:7 "Israel, put your hope in the Lord. For there is faithful love with the Lord, and with Him is redemption in abundance."
3. Jesus said in Matthew 28:19-20, "Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age." As a child of God, it is my commission to share the Word of God with those who have never heard it. So many people still don’t know what Jesus did for them when He died on the cross to pay the penalty for their sins. Be it through music or just day-to-day life, I seek to show people how fulfilling it is to know Jesus Christ in a personal way. 2 Timothy 4:2 "[Jesus said], proclaim the message; persist in it whether convenient or not; rebuke, correct, and encourage with great patience and teaching."
May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal encouragement and good hope by grace, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good work and word. 2 Thess. 2:16-17
Her Sound: Blues/Alternative Folk feel with mellow "angelic" vocals and positive lyrics
Her Influences: GOD, Jennifer Knapp, Ginny Owens, Jewel, Nicole Nordeman, Sarah McLaughlin
Her Mission: "To ultimately glorify God through all of the gifts he has graciously blessed me with...To press forward in excellence as I use my gifts and talents...To touch listeners with messages of hope, healing and direction." (See Mission Statement for more.)
Her Story: "I began singing at a very young age. The exact age is a little unclear, because my mom says I could sing "Jesus Loves Me" at 6 months, but I don't remember that. I DO remember, at about 3 years young, being put in the middle of the room at family gatherings and being coaxed to sing cute little songs. So I guess that's when it all started for me. I was raised in a huge Baptist church in Jacksonville, FL. I sang in children's choir and sang solos in "big church". My sister and I would pipe out our choir songs at the tops of our lungs while we were playing Barbies or washing dishes. God used my mom to influence me musically. I learned to harmonize by ear at about age 5, just from listening to her. That same year she also enrolled me in piano lessons. She was always very strict about the types of music we could listen to. She made sure that we were careful about the lyrics we allowed ourselves to input.
We listened to Christian music pretty much all the time (that, and oldies).
She and I loved to sing old hymns while we were in the car...our favorite was "I'll Fly Away".
To this day we still have a (very) brief moment of quabbling over who will sing the harmony!
Having been raised in the church and being blessed enough to attend private elementary school, I learned at age 7 who Jesus was. I accepted His free gift of eternal life (and what an abundant life it is with Him!!!) in the first grade. After that (and to this day), I didn't want to sing any other songs than those that would glorify Him. I began writing poetry and drawing in elementary school and I wrote my first full Spirit-led song in seventh grade. Once I wrote it, I realized that the Holy Spirit had interceded for me and it wasn't actually me- it was God that had written that song through me. Every song I've ever written has been like that...just allowing Him to speak and flow through me. I am but an instrument for Him. It's my constant prayer that people I come in contact with will see Jesus shining through me. And that's my ultimate goal- in music...work...life: To share the love of Jesus with everyone." ~Amanda
Amanda- Notable Achievements
"Study to show yourself approved unto God." 2 Tim. 2:15
"Humble yourselves under the mighty Hand of God." 1 Pet.5:6
Notable Solo Performances
- National Anthem for John Glenn launch at Kennedy Space Center (Merritt Island, FL)
- National Anthem at various sports events, including Marlins and Manatees baseball games
- Wrote & sang "Heaven’s Heroes" in commemoration of the Columbia shuttle loss. Performed this original song for the Columbia Recovery teams at a special Memorial gathering
- Original solo concerts at coffeehouses and churches since 1996
- Implemented & led worship for various groups, churches, Bible studies, conferences, retreats & special events since 1990
- Sang solo for Lighting of Christmas Tree led by the Mayor at Cape Canaveral Hospital (1997)
- Concert for Lighting of City of Rockledge (Rockledge Nights) for Christmas (2004)
- Volunteered time and music to several benefits for sick children and those suffering from illness, including the Savannah Dudley Benefit
- Junction South TV Show- solo and group performances (3 years)
- Private interview by BCC TV program (1995)
- Children’s musicals filmed for church television program (involved solo work)
- Junior & Senior Conductor of High School Choir
- Received Superior ratings four out of four years at Solo/Ensemble Competitions
- Sang in All-State, Sight-Reading and All-County Honor Choirs (6 years)
- Sang/Traveled with Jubilation Student Choir on four years of Mission Tours to Chicago, Toronto/Montreal, Denver & Washington, DC; also choreographed songs for three of these tours
- Traveled with High School Choir to various competitions; sang for Disney’s CandleLight Processional (1992-1994)
- High school Show Choir- performed scheduled shows at Disney’s MGM Studios
- Ensembles: Theee Crossover Band (FBCMI), Simple Faith (trio), New Heart (6 member ensemble)
Studio Work/Demos/Backups Vocals
- Founder & Co-Owner of SleepyDog Productions Recording Studio
- Produced full and demo albums for various bands & solo artists (Gospel recording artist Rhonda Mallard, BobbiJo Hart, Loudspoken, etc.)
- Backup vocals for M’Lisa Alonso, Kevin Watson, Rhonda Mallard, The Watchman Call (Revival Musical), Trilby Brannon
- Studio& Demo work for Steve Rogers (son of Pastor Adrian Rogers) & Leon Olguin (composer of worship song "White As Snow" and numerous other songs with Maranatha! Music)
- "Meet Me in St. Louis": Lead role (Esther) in BCC Community Summer Theatre
- "Li’l Abner": Dancer & Speaking role in BCC Community Summer Theatre
- Various lead roles and solos in church plays and presentations from the age of seven
- Sang/led worship in Theee Crossover Band (praise & worship) for 6 years; included traveling to out-of-state youth retreats and conferences
- Volunteered in youth leadership ministry at First Baptist for 5 years; was mentored during this time in helping out with administrative & secretarial duties in the Youth and Music ministry
- Interned in Theee Student Ministry (1996); Interned/served as Administrative Assistant for College & Singles Ministry (1996-1998)-helped implement a new College ministry at First Baptist Church of Merritt Island under Pastor Allen DeLaVergne
- Taught and mentored singers through private lessons in their pursuit of musical knowledge and ministry
"Amanda (Aaralyn) To Perform At Christian Coffee Shop"
by Geoff Fox
Published: May 28, 2005
Musician Amanda is scheduled to perform at the Christian Edge Coffee House from 7 to 10 tonight.
Born Amanda Williams, Aaralyn was raised in Jacksonville and counts James Taylor and Jewel among her musical influences. Her Christian sound has been described as guitar- driven blues and ``tell-it-like- it-is alternative music,'' according to information provided by Christian Edge, 20942 U.S. 301. For information, call (352) 523-1630 or (352) 583-5786, or go to www.tcfedge.org. Amanda's Web site is www.amandawilsonmusic.com.
"Amanda (Aaralyn)...Music for the Soul"
Press Release, 2004
Through her unique blend of styles, Singer/Songwriter Amanda homogenizes a guitar-driven Blues feel with an outside-the-lines, unexpected Folk sound. At the same time, her versatility ranges from piano-accompanied, Spirit-led worship, to downright tell it like it is Alternative music. On her upcoming debut release, you'll hear mostly an acoustic and raw version of Amanda's heart. However, with future projects already in progress, Amanda plans to step outside the boundaries of the expected Folk/Acoustic sound and venture into the other areas of her soul. She has already produced some of her own originals which include R&B, Ambient, Soul, Jazz, Rock and Celtic. Patience is the key to finding out what this "diamond in the rough" has up her sleeve next! Amanda has a story to tell and hope to give to all who open themselves to her music. Amanda intrigues her audiences with lighthearted views of encouragement, strength, and hope in God. Having a passion for music since she was an infant (she could sing "Jesus Loves Me" at 6 months old), Amanda's musical and spiritual intensity will hold your attention long after the music stops playing. Her goal is to touch everyone with the love that God has so graciously given to her. SleepyDog Productions Press Release, 2004
Remain in me, and I will remain in you...Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches.
Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. John 15: 4a;5